Stable Scoop Episode 30 – Extreme Horse Women with Liz Halliday
Three Extreme Horse Women join us for a fascinating look at what it is like to have an extreme job in addition their riding. With us today we have eventer and race car driver Liz Halliday, California Highway Patrol Officer and endurance rider Kassandra DiMaggio and Apache Helicopter Pilot Colonel Lorelei Wilson Coplen. Don’t miss this episode, listen in…
Stable Scoop Episode 30 – Show Notes and Links:
- Register to win the March Stable Scoop Giveaway. We will have three winners this month of a DRI-DUCK of an embroidered equine 100% cotton twill hat. A choice of styles and colors for the winners. These cool hats are donated by KBC Horse Supplies, the source for all your horse’s needs.
- We would like to thank all of our guests today. The first to join us was California Highway Patrol Officer and Endurance Rider Kassandra DiMaggio. Kassandra is an avid endurance rider and is doing very well as proven by her second place showing at Tevis. She also is the organizer of the Patriots Day Ride in Northern California.
- Our second guest is former Apache Helicopter Pilot Colonel Lorelei Wilson Coplen. Colonel Coplen has spent over 20 years in the Army serving many functions including command of an aviation company during Operation Desert Storm in 1990 to 1991 as well as recent command of an 800-Soldier aviation support battalion of the 101st Airborne Division in Iraq from 2005 to 2006. She is also Vice President of Instruction for the United States Pony Club.
- Thank you to Atlantic Horse Carriers for sponsoring the show. Atlantic Horse Carriers specializes in the transportation of horses all over the United States. They make many runs between Maine and Florida, but are happy to help you with your specific transportation needs. As a fully insured and licensed carrier, Victor and Maureen Brescia offer outstanding horse care while in transit. With over 30 years bringing horses safely to their destinations, it’s no wonder this professional couple is so highly regarded in the industry. Visit them at AtlanticHorseCarriers.com.
- We were thrilled to have eventer and race car driver Liz Halliday join us from England. Liz has competed up to the 4 star level in eventing and she has had a rapid and impressive ascent up the motor racing ladder. In just two full seasons of international racing, Liz became the most successful female driver ever in the history of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), America’s most prestigious sportscar racing series.
We want to hear from you! Drop us an email or leave us a voicemail.