Stable Scoop Episode 12 – Dealing with Hard Economic Times
How are these economic downturns affecting horse business owners and what can they do to get through? Four guests that know a whole lot about horse businesses help us evaluate the options and what business owners need to do in these tough times. A must listen for anyone in the horse business.
Stable Scoop Episode 12 – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Glenn the Geek and Helena B.
- Co-Host: Laurie Cerny from One Horse Press: Laurie wrote the book “Horsin’ Around The USA Guide To Marketing & Promoting Your Horse Business”. Laurie A. Cerny is a professional journalist and marketing professional who has won numerous state and national awards for her writing, photography, graphic design and advertising both in mainstream media and within the horse industry. Her work has appeared in John Lyon’s Perfect Horse, The Horse, Horse Illustrated, Western Horseman, Equine Times, Kalamazoo Gazette, Detroit News, Chicago Tribune, and more. She also served as the communication director for a major saddle and horse product manufacturer.
- Guest: Megan Lanzarone of Team CEO Eventingin Lexington, KY. Team CEO is a successful full service Eventing facility, offering locations in Ashland KY and Lexington KY. Megan Lanzarone (previously Megan Moore), 4th in the 2005 USEA Gold Cup Advanced Level Standings. Megan has successfully competed through the Advanced Level and has students through the Intermediate level. They are into the training and sales of event horses and have a very active training and lesson stable
- Guest: Todd Branson is the AQHA Sr. Manager of Marketing. Todd graduated from Purdue University with a bachelors of science degree in Animal Science in 2001. Shortly after graduating, Todd went to work as a 4-H Extension Educator with Oklahoma State University. In 2004, he moved to Amarillo to begin his career with the American Quarter Horse Association in marketing. Today, Todd is the Sr. Manager of Marketing and focuses most of his time with AQHA on show marketing and outside print, web and television advertising for the Association.
- Guest: Ingrid Andrews from equinnovation.com. Ingrid Andrews is an equine business consultant who has been helping horse business owners with operating and marketing their businesses for over 15 years. She has given seminars, taught a college course on equine legal issues, has articles on many business and marketing topics published in print and online, and is also the owner of a breeding farm. You can get more information at her website, www.equinnovation.com, a great resource for equine professionals.
- AQHA Guide to Showing with Accounting for the Arena.
- SCORE – Councilers to America’s Small Business. Lots of good financial advice and resources for business owners on this site.
- Dressage Daily’s article on how “Horse Businesses Can Survive Economic Slump“.
We want to hear from you! Drop us an email or leave us a voicemail.